Thursday, April 24, 2008

Loss of a child

Child birth is an incredible event. It is touching on so many levels. After taking care of child for 9 months inside you, a woman has few more years of constant care and attention that go into raising a child. It is such a special relationship and an unconditional love beyond comprehension for most people. My Aunt lost her 3 year old baby in a water accident, one that could not have been controlled by any yet haunts everyone. Her first child was lost in an accident that left her stunned. I can barely deal with the thought of losing anyone close to me in my life. How is a mother to deal with losing a child that she bore for 9 months, that she cared for and loved every day of its existence, that is her flesh & blood, literally a part of her.

I pray for anyone that has EVER had to go through such situations. I wish it upon no one and if someone does have to deal with it I hope they can learn to not blame themselves and keep the memories of the lost child in their hearts forever. My aunt was scarred, she blamed herself for the longest time even though she knows there is nothing she could have done. She went into depression and was so angry with herself that she was not able to focus on her other child or husband. It is a tough situation to deal with and a very sensitive one at that. I hope people in such situations can gain strength and learn to move on with support from their loved ones. Accidents, as unfortunate as they maybe, happen. Its not under anyone's control. I just hope people can learn to move past them instead of letting them damage their lives further.

No comments: